Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The wait is over!!

Mon Sept 13, 2010
  Today is an interesting day.  A great day, actually.  It has been an interesting, great, amazing, anxiety-inducing day.  After 17, yes, seventeen days of waiting since my interview, I finally got my acceptance letter to the Disney College Program.  When I opened this said letter, I was in my office at my current internship.  I was reading email in my corporate inbox from my mother, when I noticed that the inbox number of my gmail account had changed.  Strangely, I stared at the number.  I didnt click on the tab to see my inbox.  I just stared at the number, which had changed from 6 to 7.   7.   7..  Somehow, I knew what that increase in number meant..not just a new spam email offering who-knows-what, but it was a letter that would change my life! Ahh!  That's some serious business! 
  Click--I clicked the tab to my gmail and saw the new mail.."Disney College Program Recruiting- Your invitation".  I opened it and found the color i had been anticipating, PURPLE!!  All I saw was "Congratulations, Melissa" and "Quick Service Food and Beverage".  Yay! WHAT?!?!?!  QSFB??  I didnt even list that role as one that I desired.  I still ran out of my office, yelling "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god", down the hall, and past my boss, which caused me to run back past her and yell "everything is ok, everything is good"..and continuing my religious? chant down the hall, out the door where I called my best friend, my mommy.
  "Mom?"  "yes", she replied.  "I got it! Oh my god, I got it!  Im going to work at Disney World!".  From there I proceeded to cry..except no tears came out because my nerves were completely shot.  "But, Im doing something I didnt really want to do." I said sadly.  "But Im going to live in Florida and be at Disney World!" I said happily.  "But Im going to be so broke!" I said sadly.. "But Im so excited I cant think straight!", I said happily.  "That's amazing, Missy", she said.  "Even if it wasnt exactly what you wanted, it's getting your foot in the door and its a great opportunity".  "Yeah"-thats all I got out at I caught my breath.  "Oh my god, Im moving to Florida...FINALLY!".  "Ill tell you the details when I can think straight..bye!".
  I have driven myself nuts these past two weeks, joining threads, boards, chats, and facebook groups, immersing myself in the CP culture.  I have wanted to know everything to know.  And I didnt even know if I had gotten in.  I had nights I didnt sleep, barely ate, because my anxiety was in high gear in anticipation of my rejection or acceptance.  And now I know the answer, I know Im going and I feel like....like...a little kid whose about to go see Mickey Mouse :)  There's lists and lists of things to be done.  Im a 27-year-old who is deathly afraid of leaving her Mommy and family behind.  But I am also so excited for what the next several months will bring.  I may be flipping burgers, but it will be at the happiest place on earth, with people from all over the world that I have yet to meet.  And though my fears are overwhelming, Im thinking its going to change me in so many amazing ways and Im ready for the challenge.  Im ready to be a CP!

No comments:

Post a Comment